At MBE CPAs a family of companies, your sense of purpose is clear- you directly impact the success in your communities. Be it the local bakery that has sold your favorite bread for years, the budding entrepreneur that’s getting their business off the ground, or advising your neighbor on maximizing their deductions and planning for retirement, our team passionately works to ensure their communities thrive.
After being a team of a couple dozen 10 years ago, we’re now a firm of 150+ team members and continuing to grow rapidly with 10 office locations across Wisconsin. Even with our growth, we never lose touch with the importance of providing a family-friendly workplace that builds authentic relationships with our clients. Ever committed to providing a flexible workplace, we offer onsite and hybrid opportunities from the majority of our office locations in the state. Don’t let your location and lifestyle prevent you from joining our team!
What would my day look like?
The Property Administrator is responsible for effectively computing, classifying, and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete while assisting with the leasing, marketing, and resident relations for the community. The entrant will perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to make payments to vendors, process resident rental payments and obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining property accounting records. This includes:
- Performing rental property showings for customers.
- Working with prospect to complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Updating availability report, process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submit processed applications to the Property Manager for approval. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
- Ensuring apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
- Securing new resident’s signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in.
- Providing outstanding customer service by welcoming customers and making their move-in a positive experience. Orient new residents to community.
- Drafting of leases and performing lease renewal calls
- Writing and posting craigslist ads weekly on all properties.
- Answering of phones, helping clients via phone, in person, or by website inquiry.
- Communicating with full time staff and coordinate evictions, late rent penalties, lease violations.
- Entering and following up on maintenance tickets.
- Maintaining and updating spreadsheets.
- Providing data entry and month end close out for REMS and Secure Storage affiliates.
- Making customer calls regarding their account, collections, etc.
- Processing customer payments.
- Performing cleaning and maintenance such as sweeping units, picking up trash, wiping down doors, replacing rope, cleaning hallways, washing windows, and keeping a tidy office space.
- Providing back up Secure Storage Staff as needed.
What experience and skills do I need to be successful?
We are always willing to train candidates in the earlier stages of their career or utilize the wealth of skills from a seasoned pro. Here are some skills we’d love to see on your resume:
- Comfortable working daily in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Attention to detail and organization skills for maintaining documentation.
- Strong communication and customer service skills for interacting with our customers on the phone and in person.
- Experience managing rental or storage units or related properties highly desired.
Amazing Perks and Benefits Package:
This position pays a competitive wage commensurate with direct experience, skills, and time spent in a related role. We also offer great benefits and perks including:
- Incredible potential for upward mobility and career growth into your desired area across the affiliate group.
- Three different medical plan options through Dean Health Insurance.
- Dental insurance through Delta Dental.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for medical or dependent care.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k employer matching program to save for retirement.
- Company paid group life insurance.
- Voluntary supplemental insurance options.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Annual personal tax return prepared free of charge.
- Annual allowance for employer branded apparel.
- Annual reimbursement for qualified fitness-related expenses and company sponsored employee wellness program.
- Tuition reimbursement, CPA assistance, and professional growth opportunities through continuing education.
- Community involvement reimbursements.
- Complimentary employee snacks, lunches, and beverages to celebrate team events.
- Employee outings, events, and gifts.
- Direct deposit of paycheck.
- New Client Bonus Program.
- Manager Bonuses and Merit-Based Bonuses.
- Company Core Value Rewards.
- Half-day Fridays and flexible work schedules in the offseason.
What will my schedule look like?
Our firm enjoys the work hard, play hard mantra. Our firm and its affiliate families’ schedule reflects the busy season of the tax industry and come May we embrace our quieter offseason. At MBE, you’ll enjoy the challenge of meeting deadlines during tax season, then late-spring through late-fall when Wisconsin weather is in its prime, you can flex the typical Monday-Friday 8a-5p schedule around any personal passions or family time as long as business needs are being met.
More about the MBE Affiliate Group:
Our parent company, MBE CPAs, is a team of accounting experts who use our industry-based knowledge and expertise to help others succeed in their financial journeys. We expanded our services over the years to include a number of affiliate companies to support the needs of our clients including:
- Wealth management and fiduciary services through MBE Wealth
- Payroll and time keeping services through Payroll Solutions
- Human resources services through Workforce Solutions
- Marketing, branding, and public relations through Right to Evolve
- Residential and commercial property management services through REMS
- Storage solutions through Secure Storage
- Enterpriser resource planning and customer relationship management software solutions through GoVirtualOffice
- Services to assist clients in structure of a variety of sales, mergers, and acquisitions through Savvy Business Brokers
We proudly offer services throughout Wisconsin and nationwide with 10 office locations including Fort Atkinson, Mauston, Marshfield, Portage, Reedsburg, Sun Prairie, Tomah, Wausau, Wisconsin Dells-Lake Delton, and our corporate headquarters in Baraboo.
So how do I join?
First step is applying with your resume on Indeed. If your qualifications look like a fit, we will reach out to you to learn more.
Interested in a role with us, but don’t see an opening that’s the perfect match? Please message our Workforce Solutions HR team, Kayla Schaller-Greenwood and Lisa Zautke, directly on LinkedIn to discuss how your skills could contribute to the team.