Introduction to Pistol Shooting Class
Date: Saturday, June 20, 2020Time: 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Prerequisite: 21 years of age. Prerequisite to Intermediate Pistol Shooting Class (coming in July). Please complete the online waiver prior to class https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/5df29cee1eb4a/web/
Fee: $75.00 plus $20 rental. You will need to purchase ammo at the range
Maximum Students: 5
BRING: Please bring your own notepad and pen to take notes. DEZ will rent firearms appropriate for use in this course for $20 plus ammo. Students are permitted to use their own handguns if they so choose. Student’s guns should be cleaned, function checked and cased prior to attendance. Small frame guns, i.e. Ruger LC9s are discouraged in this class.
DEZ’s Introduction to Pistol Shooting class is taught by our highly qualified NRA instructor who has years of training and is proficient in the instruction and handling of handguns. The three hour course allows for close, personal hands-on attention in a relaxed classroom environment. Low student to instructor ratio is designed around the fundamental skills behind shooting handguns both safely and accurately.
Focus areas include:
- Loading and unloading
- Nomenclature (Parts)
- Stance and grip
- Sight alignment and trigger squeeze
- Cleaning overview
- Ammunition selection
- Live fire (Shooting) In our state of the art climate controlled indoor range
3 hour class: One hour class time and two hours live-fire practice on the range
- Pistol or rental @ $20.00 includes rental fee plus ammo. If you are bringing your own pistol, please bring the owner’s manual and have cased pistol.
- Ammunition minimum of 50 rounds. 9 mm - $10.99/.380 $15.99/box.
- Ear and eye protection (prescription glasses are ok).
Proper range attire: No low cut tops or open toed shoes. Ball Caps are encouraged but not required
Please sign the online waiver prior to class