Community Support Specialist
Join the Dungarvin Team!
Meet us LIVE at our Hiring Event on May 11th
We look forward to meeting you!
At Dungarvin, our direct care professionals are responsible for providing and coordinating direct services and healthful lifestyle supports to individuals with varying mental and physical disabilities. Intense Behavior and Mental Health Supports will be provided at these sites. These living supports include assisting the individuals in every aspect of their lives according to their Individualized Support Plans (ISP) with the goals of fostering increased independence, choice, and empowerment. Successful candidates would possess the following skills: able to work 1:1 as well as with a team; able to teach daily living skills tailored to an individual's style of learning; patience and understanding of mental health issues; and great communication skills.
The Community Support Specialist (CSS) plays an integral role on the team of direct support professionals. The CSS must be willing to travel across the Reedsburg, Baraboo, and Pardeeville areas to support individuals in all homes and provide supports where needed. Additionally, the CSS must be able to fill in for any shift: 1st, 2nd or 3rd. This is a full-time position, scheduled for a minimum of 36 hours per week.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Supporting individuals in a home setting
- Assisting in maintaining a clean and safe living environment
- Managing intense behaviors and crisis situations
- Meal preparation and various household duties such as laundry
- Transportation into the community for various meetings, services and community outings
The following education, experience, and/or certifications would be an asset, but are not required:
- Experience working with Intensive Behavioral Supports.
- A sincere desire to provide individualized supports to persons with mental health diagnosis’ an developmental disabilities.
- The ability to work as a team member to maintain consistency and quality supports
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid driver's license
- Auto liability coverage
Benefits are available to those scheduled 30+ hours per week. We offer health, dental, vision, paid life and additional insurance packages, flexible spending, 401K, paid time off and more.
RESPECT. RESPONSE. CHOICE